LOGISTICS CREW CHIEF
Night Shift6 pm – 6 am Wed, Thurs, Fri and every other Sat
Huffaker Rd/ Rome, GA Location
With general direction, supervises the receiving, storage and shipping of raw materials, work-in-process and finished goods. Ensures materials are received from proper sub-contractors (internal and external), delivered to inventory and finished goods, and are packaged and shipped in an appropriate and timely manner. Acts to maintain the integrity of processes and products and performs related duties. Supervision of a team of associates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The ability to understand complex written and verbal instruction
- The ability to read and interpret complex documentation
- Previous experience in shipping and logistics, production, materials, scheduling or planning in a manufacturing environment.
- Leadership of associates.
- Basic hazardous communication
- On the job safety review
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma, or equivalency
- 2/3 years’ experience in Shipping/ Logistics
- 2/3 years supervision skills
- good communication skills a must
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day.
The performance of this position may require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.