Human Resources Coordinator
The Human Resources (HR) Coordinator is a professional who handles general personnel duties for the HR department and the organization as a whole. They manage various duties while providing administrative support to the department. They report directly to the HR Director.
The HR Coordinator must possess the following skills and attributes: strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with people at all levels of the organization; must be bilingual with effective oral, written, phone, email and communication skills; knowledge of office administration procedures with an ability to be detail-oriented and highly organized; high level of skill in handling sensitive and confidential situations/information with the demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality; good time management skills; strong customer service focus and great team player; expert knowledge of Company Handbook and Addendum, general knowledge of employment law and best practices. A background in HR and / or Recruiting is required. Must be proficient in Excel, Outlook and Microsoft Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The HR Coordinator performs the following essential functions:
- Responsible for all-inclusive temp and referral labor force processes from start to finish, including approving and processing invoicing.
- Manage recruitment of potential candidates based on experience, skills, and education by review of ongoing incoming applicants.
- Facilitates job fairs or other hiring incentives
- Manages onboarding process, including scheduling drug screens, audiograms and physicals, compiling new hire packages and facilitating orientation with help from sales, benefits and safety.
- Maintain applicant pool based on skill sets
- Checks references
- Entry of all New Hires in both Kronos and Paylocity
- Process e-verify and I9s for all new team members.
- Organize, compile, update and maintain company personnel records and documentation; including all scanning and maintaining of hard copy employment files
- Facilitates RAF (Recommend A Friend) program along with Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
- Maintains 19s for both active and termed associates and performs audits along with HR Director as required
- Serves as Project Manager for HR special projects as needed
- Documents new or revised processes as required.
- Facilitates internal job posting process while working closely with supervisors and applicants
- Assists with employment verifications for current and past associates
- Answers HR voicemail box and returns calls
- Picks up internal mail from QC Lab daily
- Makes calls, sends emails, or correspondence with associates and supervisors for Covid related absences or other
- Responsible for SICK A & B forms and Covid tests documentation retrieval for FFCRA; audits bi-weekly
- Translates documents and serves as interpreter for employees and management
- Helps coordinate HR special events such as flu shots, wellness initiatives, holiday meals, company events and parties (along with Culture Committee). Prepares flyers and emails, distributes and posts all
- Assists Safety Coordinator with hearing van, fire and storm drills or other HSE iniatives as needed.
- Manages safety shoe ordering and reviews invoices for accuracy
- Handles inventory of employee shirts, distributes to New Hires and confirms invoices
- Postings of all employment posters, panel of physicians (and ensures compliance) as well as on special events
- Helps with gathering documentation and entry in to Corporate Cost Control portal for unemployment claims
- Assists with entry into Worker’s Comp portal for work related injuries, as required. May help with investigation and closure of said claims including follow up with physicians and carrier. Work with supervisors and managers on restricted duty jobs as applicable and safety coordinator on OSHA as needed
- Assist employees, supervisors and managers with issues, accruals and other
- Assists in Payroll audits or other as needed.
- Miscellaneous data entry
- Any other miscellaneous duties as deemed necessary by director
Required Work Hours
Standard work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm including travel to other Foss locations outside of Rome, GA. Mileage paid at current tax rate should there be a need to travel between two locations in same day. Time off should be prescheduled. Standard week will be 40 hours though overtime may be required or permitted with prior approval. Some extended hours for night shifts required once per month or as needed for special events. Management reserves the right to adjust work hours based on business needs at any time.
Education and / Experience
Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
No physical exertion. Must be able to speak, hear, see, read, write, type, dial, reach, and bend
Required to sit at a desk for long periods
Usual office working conditions